FAQ - Packing and Item Restrictions
Can I store things other than boxes?
We can store just about anything as long as it’s less than 1m long and less than 25kg (that’s the same as the checked baggage allowance at British Airways). Anything from your golf clubs or a bicycle to a child’s pushchair. Luggage storage is a popular one here at BoxiStore..! Just contact us through our Contact Page with the dimensions (width x height x depth) and we will get back to you with a quote.
It would be great to be able to store everything, but there are a few things we can’t store. To find out more please check our section on things that can’t be stored with us.
If you do choose to store something that’s an odd-shape and not in one of our boxes, then please don’t risk any damage to your item and wrap it securely in plenty of bubble wrap.
How should I label my boxes and items?
Each of your boxes will come with its own unique label that needs to be attached, so that we know which boxes are yours! These will be sent to you with your boxes.
If you’re sending in luggage, it’s a good idea to add a luggage tag with your details and the best way of sticking on the labels is by sticking them to the handle or anywhere that isn’t fabric. Don’t risk your label falling off, or we won’t be able to find your items.
Is there anything I can’t store?
- Food, perishable goods unless packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin
- Antiques (breakable and fragile);
- Items containing or made of glass (including mirrors);
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living creature
- Explosives weapons or ammunition
- Any item which emits fumes, smell or odour
- Combustible or flammable materials, liquids or compressed gases, including but not limited to, paint, diesel, petrol, oil, gas, artificial fertilizer or cleaning solvents
- Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents
- Toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a dangerous nature
Any other toxic, flammable or hazardous substance or preparations, classified as such under applicable law
- Musical instruments in soft cases (hard cases are fine but we cannot insure them)
- Illegal or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material or any goods prohibited by the law or regulation of any government or public or local authority or goods that require special licence or government consent for export or import.
- Money, deeds, securities, coins, cash or negotiable instruments (including cheques and any vouchers with a face value);
Please note that although we do accept some fragile items, including crockery, mugs etc., although we cannot insure them. If you are storing fragile items, please make sure they are thoroughly bubble wrapped (multiple layers) and carefully packed to ensure they are safe during transport.
We do accept electrical items, but please note that we cannot insure them.
We reserve the right to open your boxes if we suspect that the contents are in breach of our Terms of Service.
Is there a weight limit for my boxes or items?
In order to make sure that your things won’t ever get damaged ‐ and out of concern for the backs of the collection and delivery guys ‐ we ask that boxes don’t exceed our maximum weight limit of 25kgs, which is the same weight as the checked baggage allowance at British Airways.
We will not store any item greater than this limit, so please do check that your items aren’t too heavy.
Do you store bikes, golf clubs or push chairs?
Absolutely, we store lots of bikes at Door2DoorStorage! As long as your bike / golf clubs or push chair is no more than 1m long or 25kg heavy when packaged, we can store it.